Wednesday, June 30, 2010

what a week!!

Well it started Saturday afternoon when Eli began the bouts of the stomach flu. He was so sick and throwing up almost every hour from 5 until 330 that morning. That was a long night, I felt really bad because he only wanted Will. Then he started doing better but Sunday night he woke up crying hysterically because his stomach hurt so bad. We feared it may be his appendix so Will took him to the ER. Another long night, but it was all just part of the flu bug. Then yesterday afternoon his eye started watering. I thought it was just allergies but it kept getting worse and more goopy. So I took him into the pediatrician and yep, pinkeye!! I think he probably picked that up at the ER. To make all matters worse my insurance wouldn't cover the generic medicine they prescribed for it all so it was about 100 dollars just for the meds! UG..but I guess this is how it goes and I'm thankful we weren't sick all winter, so now that it's summer the bugs seem to go away faster. Here is a picture of his poor eye, doesn't he just look miserable?




(wow, they actually look alot better today!)

On a happier note..this sweet baby of mine is now 6 months old!! Wow, how time flies! He is such a happy baby. He is growing so fast and babbles like crazy!! He still doesn't really love food besides oatmeal with bananas and sweet potatoes.





This is one of my favorite things he does when he nurses in his sleep. :-)

3 comments:

Kandice said...

Don't ya just hate all that stuff. It is just a miracle kids survive all they pick up. In the olden days they probably didn't! I swear from birth to 3 my kids and I lived at the dr. or ER! It gets better, I promise!

Kassi Luck said...

Poor Eli and you and will. I hope he continues to feel better. How horrible. If you need anything, please let me know.

Michele and Wyatt said...

It is so not fun to have sick kids. I hope they are feeling better. Sorry we missed you on Wed. I tried to call, but didn't get you. I hope you will let me know if I can do anything for you. Do you need your lesson book back so you can teach Sunday? Just let me know.