Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So much to be thankful for...

Thanksgiving was alot of fun this year. We hosted the dinner at our house for the whole Holfeltz clan. Sadly, these were the only pictures I got from the whole day! I love Eli's face in the first one and Shea's in the last! So cute!
I'm a little late in posting but I wanted to post about what I'm most thankful for....first, my wonderful husband!! Second, my sweet baby Eli. Thirdly, I'm thankful for all of my extended families! They are the most important things in my life and I love them so much!!


Next, I'm thankful for the miracle of pregnancy, sure it's really not fun being 9 months pregnant but it's so amazing feeling that little life inside of you. Also, I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to complete my schooling. I'm so thankful for my friends and mom who have helped me so much with Eli while I finished. I'm also so grateful that Will supported me and played Mr. Mom with Eli so many long nights!

Finally, I'm so very thankful for my testimony and the knowledge I have that I will see my sweet daddy again. He truly was my biggest hero. I'm sad to know that I will never have a picture of my new baby with my dad, but I'm sure he is snuggling him in heaven and will make sure he gets here safely. It has been hard for me to get into the holiday spirit this year and I finally have figured out why, it feels like something is missing. Well, obviously, it's him. But, I am so thankful that his suffering is over and that he is still watching over us, I feel him around me and cherish the moments I had with him.

3 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

What a sweet post!! I teared up when i read about your dad!! I am sure it is very hard this time of year without him. Thank goodness, you have a wonderful family to share it with. CUte Cute pics!! WOW I cant believe you had the WHOLE Holfeltz clan at your house. FUN FUN!!

Kandice said...

What a great post! You look so tiny even with your 9 month prego belly next to your huge Christmas tree!!! I saw you only had 28 days until the baby comes, hopefully it will be sooner!
We need to try to get together soon. Make sure Will calls us when the baby comes!

Holfeltz Family said...

I appreciate you expressing your testimony. I need to do it more myself.