Friday, March 11, 2011

2 boys = never a dull moment!



Maybe it's the weather? Ever notice how when the weather changes the kids get extra rambunctious and naughty? Yesterday was no exception. I had to email some plans to be printed for Will and the boys were "playing" in Eli's room (or so I thought). They went into the bathroom and got into the baby oil. Eli poured half the container on his and Mason's hair! When I checked on them (seriously this happened in 30 seconds!) Eli said he was just doing their hair. Ugh notice the greased monkey look? hehe. So anyone have any suggestions on getting oil out of their shirts, towels, bathroom rug and everywhere else they touched?!

4 comments:

Kandice said...

Oh man...baby oil!
You will have to google it and see what works.
Good thing they are cute!

Gayle said...

I use a grease-cutter dish soap when I need to scrub my husband's greasy work clothes. I think Dawn works pretty good.
You could also try sprinkling baking soda on your bathroom rug to help soak up the excess oil, then vacuum it up.
I found this on the gardenweb.com in reply to some guy's post about how to get baby oil out of clothes & off floors: "Greased Lightening is a cleaner and also a great stain remover for clothing or washable items. Very effective on grease stains. Dawn, is excellent, better than any other liquid sink soap. I caution you on using Greased Lightening on your wood floors. I had a bottle with a tiny hole that leaked onto my wood floors and left an ugly permanent stain. But it is great on washable surfaces."
I have some greased lightening if you decide you want to try that, but was I you, I'd try the dish soap first (less caustic-smelling). GOOD LUCK!!

The Wessman Family said...

yep- I'm with gayle. A small amount of Dawn in with the laundry gets it all out. It gets out massage oil so I'm sure it gets out baby oil! Good luck!

Wish upon a Starr said...

I was going to say get some Dawn, hand wash it then run it through the machine. I mean it works on ducks, should be able to work on clothes, right?! ;) Good luck!!